How can I add a CNAME record?
You can add a Canonical Name record, following the steps below:
- Log in to your Octopoly account and go to DOMAIN NAMES.
- Hover over the domain name and click the MANAGE button which will appear right next to it.
- Click MANAGE ZONE in the Name server section on the left side.
- Click on NEW RECORD in the panel below and select CNAME (Canonical Name) under Type.
- Enter the host or subdomain into the Host field.
- In the Canonical Name field, enter the name of the server. If the server name is outside of the concerned domain, please include a “.” at the end.
- SUBMIT the record and click on SAVE ZONE.
Please note that DNS changes take up to 24 hours to be propagated throughout the entire Internet.