How can I configure SPF records?
To configure the SPF (Sender Policy Framework) record for your domain, follow the procedure below:
- Log in to your account and go to DOMAIN NAMES.
- Move your cursor over the domain and click MANAGE.
- Click on MANAGE ZONE on the left side.
- Click on NEW RECORD in the panel below and select SPF in the drop-down (and/or TXT, see info below).
- Enter the host into the Host field. In most cases it is enough to simply enter “@”, which stands for the root domain.
- Now enter the Sender Policy Rule (for example: "v=spfrule1 :mailprovider.com -all").
- You can leave the TTL at its default value of 3600.
- SUBMIT the record and click on SAVE ZONE.
Please note that not all mail servers query the SPF record, some only query the TXT records. To be on the safe side, we recommend to add the Sender Policy Framework always in both record types, SPF and TXT.
DNS changes may take up to 24 hours to be propagated throughout the Internet.