How can I create a sub-domain?
To create a sub-domain, please follow these steps:
- In your Octopoly account, go to DOMAIN NAMES and ACTIVE.
- Hover over the domain name for which you would like to create a sub-domain and click MANAGE on the right.
- Click MANAGE ZONE, in the Nameserver section on the left.
- Click on NEW RECORD in the panel below and select A (IPv4 Address).
- Enter the sub-domain name into the Host field.
- Enter the IP address (IPv4) in the IP Address V4 field.
- You can leave the Dynamic DNS and TTL value as they are.
- SUBMIT the record and click on SAVE ZONE.
Please note that DNS changes take up to 24 hours to be propagated throughout the entire Internet.