How can I update the name servers of a domain name?
You can either use the Octopoly name servers for free or use your own nameservers. If you choose to use your own, you need to create a new name server profile first. Once created, name server profiles can be used for as many domains as you like. Please follow the instructions below:
Create a name server profile:
Apply a name server profile:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on PROFILES and NAME SERVER.
- I the Profile Name field, enter a new profile name.
- Enter at least two nameservers in the Host Name fields below.
- Click on SAVE PROFILE.
- Go to DOMAIN NAMES and ACTIVE.
- Hover over the domain name and click on MANAGE next to it.
- Now click on UPDATE NAME SERVERS, on the left side.
- Scroll down to the Name server section and check the option My own name servers if you want to use your own name server profile. Check Octopoly name servers if you want to use our Name servers.
- Select the name server profile in the drop down menu and click the NEXT STEP button on the right.
- Check the terms and conditions and click PLACE ORDER.
Please note that DNS changes may take up to 24 hours to be propagated throughout the Internet.